Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Top 10 Christmas carols according to... me!

How is your Christmas season going ? Are you eating tons and tons of food and arguing with your family ? I hope so ! Those are the best Christmas traditions ! Now I am writing posts about Christmas. In my last post, you could get to know about the different Christmas traditions in the US, the UK and Spain. Now, to sugar-coat your Christmas, I thought to write a blog about the best Christmas carols for me. I hope you appreciate it and sing them with your family :

10. Silent night : In the past, Christmas carols had a slow pace and a solemn rhythm. This is why I like this song. Enjoy it :

9. Jingle Bells : One of the most traditional ones. Its joy music makes us hum it and hum it again : 

8. White Christmas : This Christmas carol reminds me of the snow. This year, it does not make any sense, though. Anyway, enjoy it :
7. So This is Christmas (John Lennon): This carol sung by John Lennon oozes Christmas happiness and peace. 
6. Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart : Another yet very famous modern carol. 



5. Text me Merry Christmas : A modern Christmas carol about what Christmas is unfortunately becoming. Children and teenagers hooked on their mobile phones instead of enjoying Christmas fully. In this link, you can sing it and see a good animation



4. Santa Claus is Coming to Town :  A short, catchy town about one of our favourite present-bringer characters. 

3. Merry Christmas (I don't Want to Fight Tonight) by the Ramones : At least, some rock in this list ! Listen to the song in video one and become familiar with the rhythm. Then sing it using video 2. 



2. All I Want for Christmas is You : Who on Earth doesn't know this song ? It has everything a good Christmas carol must have. On top of that, it is sung by Mariah Carey.  

1. Christmas in Killarney : Top 1 in my list, an Irish carol. Why do I like it ? Well, it is different from all the rest of carols and it reminds me of my stay in Ireland. Plus, if you sing it too much you end up like the folks in the second video. Don't miss the second video, please! 




BONUS : Here you have some other famous Christmas carols which, despite not being in my list, are also jolly and singable. 

Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer :



Silver Bells 

Oh, Christmas Tree 

12 days of Christmas : A good carol to exercise your memory. Let's listen to it :
I Believe in Father Christmas 

Christmas is All Around

Let it Snow




We Wish You a Merry Christmas 


Did you enjoy my selection of carols ? Do you agree with my ranking ? You know, it's Christmas, so know what you have to do is to sing them over and over again. You can also do some exercises. Just like the last Christmas carol in my bonus says, merry Christmas and a happy New Year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment