Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Songs in the classroom : I still haven't found what I'm looking for (U2)

The weekend is here, so let's celebrate it by singing. This time you can practise with U2's song : I still haven't found what I'm looking for. You have to fill in the lyrics with the verbs in the box, in the present perfect or the simple past. Are you ready ?


Complete the song  of U2 with the verbs in the box in present perfect or simple past

be (x2)          break              burn              carry              climb              crawl 
feel               not find (x8)    hold     kiss      loose         run(x2)      scale         speak 


I ___________ highest mountain 

I ___________ through the fields 

Only to be with you 
Only to be with you 

I ___________ 
I ___________ 
I ________ these city walls 
These city walls 
Only to be with you 

But I still _______________ what I'm looking for 
But I still ______________ what I'm looking for 

I __________ honey lips 
________ the healing in her fingertips 
It ________ like fire 
This burning desire 

I __________ with the tongue of angels 
I ___________the hand of a devil 
It _______ warm in the night 
I ________  cold as a stone 

But I still ___________ what I'm looking for 
But I still ___________ what I'm looking for 

I believe in the kingdom come 
Then all the colours will bleed into one 
Bleed into one 
Well yes I'm still running 

You _________ the bonds and you 
__________ the chains 
_______ the cross 
Of my shame 
Of my shame 
You know I believed it 

But I still ______________what I'm looking for 
But I still _____________what I'm looking for 
But I still _____________ what I'm looking for 
But I still _____________ what I'm looking for...


Consult your answers in the video 


Did you like this song ! I think is quite a good one ! If you want to continue practising with English songs, you can visit all my other exercises with songs in my blog in this link. In addition, you can learn by yourself in this webpage : Lyrics Training.
See you next week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment