Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 26, 2018

If you want it, live it

Dear all,
I've been very busy to keep up my writing lately, but today I found an excuse to keep writing. An old acquaintance of mine, Jelena Golubovic, who I happened to meet in a Latin contest some years ago,  has given a life-changing speech in a TED talk, yes, you heard right. In the video she comes up with a good idea. When you have a goal you want to attain, you have to live as though you have just attained that goal. Well, anyway, I found her video so fascinating that I prepared an activity for my students of Advanced 2 for them to practise their listening.
I'm going to share with you both the video and the exercise. As usual, the answers will be down below. Thanks Jelena, I'll follow your wise advice from now on.



Fill in the gaps with a maximum of five words:


1. She was so poor that she wore dresses made of ______________________.

2. At 14, she was _______________ by some men.

3. Today when Oprah speaks the world _____________________________.

4. She had to pay €20,000 for __________________________.

5. She got the last €10,000 because ______________________ sponsored her.

6. Oprah spent her days _____________________________.

7. The person looking for the girl of his dreams was at that point _____________ in a job he hated.

8. After a year and a half he ______________________ to quit the job.

9. She enjoyed watching herself become faster, ___________ and _____________.

10. The future ‘you’ has ______________________ you have yet to develop.

Answers:
1. potato sack  2. molested 3. takes notice 4. tuition expenses 5. mother's clients 6. interviewing her dolls 7. stuck 8. mastered the courage 9. better and stronger 10. developed habits.

What do you think about this amazing TED talk? Have you been encouraged to actually change the way you see things. I hope so. 
See you around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment